"Art" Deposit

Started by JohnGames, July 22, 2008 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamant

now just work on the legs and you're ready to roll

sQueef

theres almost no contra pasta going on which may or may not always be necessary but it does add some vividness to a human, it looks like she is puffing out her shoulders to give a more manly appearance or some such, the hands are just a bit iffy but thats fine because most people seem to have troubles with drawing hands, she looks really stiff but the interesting thing about this is due to her clothing you might expect her to appear stiff as if she is standing in line waiting to be ordered around.

so in a way its almost as if you thought ahead of time about her personality and how she would be standing due to her character but the catch is I highly doubt you went that in depth. I do actually like the feet her left one in particular.

her calves are fat and out of place.
the zipper is bad.

her build is otherwise good at least because she is more realistic this way and not overly stylized like "hey look at my twig arms thats neat isnt it" or some such.

these are just general thoughts that may or may not be correct observations but since you seemed to me, at least, to be digging for more criticism there you go.

Oh, wretched ephemeral race ... why do you compel me to tell you what it would be most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is—to die soon.

JohnGames

Quote from: Squeefalmost no contra pasta...puffing out her shoulders to give a more manly appearance...hands are just a bit iffy...looks really stiff but the interesting thing about this is due to her clothing you might expect her to appear stiff as if she is standing in line waiting to be ordered around...almost as if you thought ahead of time... I highly doubt you went that in depth. ... like the feet her left one...her calves are fat and out of place. the zipper is bad.

First off, thank you.

I don't know what contra pasta means, however I will attempt to comment on everything you have said thus far.  Her shoulders I will attempt to make feminine, I moved her shoulders up at the last moment during the sketch, and regret it now. I disagree with you on leaving the hands iffy, if they are wrong, I don't mind someone saying correct them.

The only things thought ahead of time for the character were: Girl in prison, however I ditched the original prison jumpsuit while drawing the under body, and went with runner... so maybe my original idea collided oddly?

Her calves ARE fat and out of place, I think the zipper is bad, although I generally clean that up later, my sketch should still look right.

In conclusion, she needs some work, but I don't feel I am to far off from what I want.

sQueef

practice makes perfect
and contra pasta has to do with hips & shoulders maybe im spelling it wrong because i cant find anything on google or wikipedia about it. id laugh if its on anipedia.

anyway its like the hips and shoulders going at different angles to add a certain something to the person.

i would've told you make the hands more appealing but i didn't want you to feel bad or something i dont know
Oh, wretched ephemeral race ... why do you compel me to tell you what it would be most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is—to die soon.

JohnGames

Quote from: Squeefpractice makes perfect
and contra pasta has to do with hips & shoulders maybe im spelling it wrong because i cant find anything on google or wikipedia about it. id laugh if its on anipedia.

anyway its like the hips and shoulders going at different angles to add a certain something to the person.

i would've told you make the hands more appealing but i didn't want you to feel bad or something i dont know

Oh, I know what your talking about, I should try a waiting pose using it, it would work better.  On criticism, I usually have a list of 50-100 things per drawing that I don't like, so you can't mention something I have not already put in my list.

sQueef

well self-criticism will lead to improvement
have no fears or doubts
believe in yourself and give it 110%
tough actin tinactin

im done posting in this thread fffs