"Art" Deposit

Started by JohnGames, July 22, 2008 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnGames

Decided to change this out to contain all my art instead.

Paul ter Voorde in live messenger, doodle.

Test style for the blob

Foot, I guess it was for an animation..

I was trying a clothing design that popped up, inspired by a chocolate truffle

Background shot, trying out a program

Not to long ago I made this, I don't really have a name for her. Drawn in toonboom.

f0d

hmm its really short but i would suggest exaggerating things more and instead of only erasing a part of the drawing for each new frame, redraw the whole thing a few times. itll give it a much smoother look.
I have more of a life writing this review at 1145 pm than you guys do making these movies. . .

JohnGames

Quote from: foodeetinhmm its really short but i would suggest exaggerating things more and instead of only erasing a part of the drawing for each new frame, redraw the whole thing a few times. itll give it a much smoother look.

I need to restart, and redo the key frames to get better exaggeration. Thanks for your advice, and I will redraw for each new frame.

Fuzz

Q

adamant

the toonboom one looks alright, if a bit plain

is toonboom a neat program to use btw?

JohnGames

Quote from: unconditionallyguarANTeedthe toonboom one looks alright, if a bit plain

is toonboom a neat program to use btw?

I suppose so, if you don't mind doing a few extra prep things to get what you want.  You should set your pallet up ahead of time for best results, so I guess they expect you to have everything planned ahead of time when you draw.

Fuzz

Oh I see how it is! You change your first post to make us look stooped?!

JohnGames

Quote from: FuzzOh I see how it is! You change your first post to make us look stooped?!

Instead of having removed the swf and have people go to a topic with nothing in it, I removed the swf and added other pieces.

Sinitron

JohnGames

adamant

^ potential

finish it

Sinitron

adam ant

is a good man

JohnGames

Quote from: unconditionallyguarANTeed^ potential

finish it

Doing so, I am very slow at drawing people...

Quote from: siniTron Bonneadam ant

is a good man
You still make little sense to me, so here is an uninspired piece of pixel art, that's ugly! =D

Fuzz

JohnGames

finished sketch, would clean up if worth it.

sQueef

can you re-do that but just do the head and not the body
Oh, wretched ephemeral race ... why do you compel me to tell you what it would be most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is—to die soon.

JohnGames

Quote from: Squeefcan you re-do that but just do the head and not the body

How you worded this leaves me with three interpretations.

If you meant "The body looks terrible, just keep the head;" I would agree with you.

If you meant "The head needs to be redrawn;" I would agree with you.

If you meant "Delete that ugly body, and keep the head;" I would agree with you.

bcube

I suggest you work on anatomy.
the head looks nice enough to work on but the body looks stiff

this is thebackalleys

sQueef

Quote from: JohnGames
Quote from: Squeefcan you re-do that but just do the head and not the body

How you worded this leaves me with three interpretations;;;
I mean the body looks terrible and detracts from the otherwise fairly well done head yes.
Oh, wretched ephemeral race ... why do you compel me to tell you what it would be most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is—to die soon.

JohnGames

I don't usually submit this, but in this case it looks better before clothing.

Things that I should focus on in this piece:

Arms feel a bit tight
Hands do not have a proper position for the pose
the left leg could use some fixes, possible redraw the lower hip area in a different pose?

thoughts: make her prop a clipboard to her body instead of just standing there, writing race times or something.. or change out her outfit to more business like...