10 Cloverfield Lane

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • RIP TBA BBS
  • 3,381 posts
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« on: March 12, 2016 09:28 PM »
So I just got back from this and it was surprisingly not the worst movie ever. Garbage definitely but digestible garbage.

Worth $10? I don't know but it was at least worth 6. I give it 6 👌 out of 10.

Entertaining, which is much more than I can say for any other release of this profile in some time. It helped that it
(click to show/hide)

Offline BluPhoenix
Male
  • rich evans laugh echoes throughout ye banquet hall
  • 3,894 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
    • bluphoenix7 on Skype
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016 07:03 PM »
liked it better than ex machina, the other movie with 3 characters

also, establishing the tba mary elizabeth winstead fanclub
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016 07:11 PM by BluPhoenix »
[12:59 AM] elm: yea honestly if you dont want to cum on elmer fudds bald head whats wrong with you
4:08 PM - ExBerian: can you draw me a nina williams being (fucked)
[07:49.46] <+slack> cum erupts from the dick at an alarming rate
[07:49.59] <+slack> it will blast off and slap the wall at like 40 mph

[1:17 AM] Darreus: iF ONLY I could Geind my ass on ym balls that'd be pretty cool but im too busy contemplating being a girl at 1 in the morning

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • RIP TBA BBS
  • 3,381 posts
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016 07:31 PM »
Longtime fan here.

Yeah I also liked it better than Ex Machina overall, or at least the third act was more entertaining. A dancing scene like in EM would have made it MOTY.

Offline Unless
Female
  • rascal, be
  • 507 posts
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016 06:49 PM »
“Unpredictable, gloriously tense, and with three exceptional performances to boot; 10 Cloverfield Lane is a delightful surprise in the realm of over hyped, over marketed blockbusters.”
— My friend on Facebook, where people tend to like these films ye all hate.
*whistles the theme song to your least favourite anime*

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • RIP TBA BBS
  • 3,381 posts
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016 10:01 PM »
Your friend sounds like a Rotten Tomatoes.

Offline Unless
Female
  • rascal, be
  • 507 posts
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016 02:50 PM »
Unfortunately people on the internet tend to hang out in echo chambers of people with similar opinions to their own opinions. Most of the people I've added from this other forum all like most of those big-name films and love to talk up all the superhero stuff which doesn't really appeal to me very much. It makes it hard to tell when an actual good film does come out, because in addition to Interstellar apparently being an incredible must-see feature, so was Pacific Rim.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016 03:58 PM »
at the end of the day it depends on you. but both of those films were "big-name" productions

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • RIP TBA BBS
  • 3,381 posts
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016 06:54 PM »
Pacific Rim was good popcorn fair. Interstellar tried to be more than that and failed miserably.

That's what I liked about 10 Cloverfield Lane. It knew its own strengths and weaknesses.

Offline Unless
Female
  • rascal, be
  • 507 posts
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016 10:29 AM »
I'm not madly into films the majority of the time, so I'd like to be able to defer judgement, but every one just gets massively glorified every time. When I went to see Pacific Rim, I knew up front what I was going to see, but still I had a friend talking about how it was a spectacularly acted film with characters that had detailed and mature relationships that evolved as the film went on. Primarily it was the dysfunctional father/son/dog relationship he was talking about, though I guess that's more excusable because he saw himself in one of the characters and I can even hardly hold a candle to his daddy issues. I just feel as though I shouldn't have to refer to people outside that group of friends who really like films in order to find out which films are actually good.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016 08:52 PM by Unless »

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • RIP TBA BBS
  • 3,381 posts
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016 01:34 PM »
When I went to see Pacific Rim, I knew up front what I was going to see, but still I had friend talking about how it was a spectacularly acted film with characters that had detailed and mature relationships  that evolved as the film went on.
That's unfortunate.