thebackalleys
tsunderes and butts
You are not logged in.
( Login | Register )

Cowboy Bebop in 2 days

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007 07:31 AM »
Quote from: rtil
that and the mushroom one are both filler episodes. the actual plot is really good
bebop is my favorite anime, and coming from me that should mean something considering my general hatred for anime

Aww, don't tell me you're slowly turning into Sam's stunt double? =P

It's insane seeing all the new anime that's been coming out these past few years.  I try to immerse myself with the older shows though, because lately I feel that the animation isn't up to scratch against the traditional cel techniques.  Hence why I've come to love Miyazaki's works, like Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.  Still, if anyone says that Last Exile is crap, I bet they enjoy watching American TV talk shows and reality programs instead.  It would befit their viewing pleasure.

Anyhoo, Cowboy Bebop is fine.  It's definitely up there as a top 10 anime, and at least it deserves the fame its received.

I just feel sad that there's good anime out there that's been overshadowed by the fan favourites like... Naruto.

So if you get the chance, watch Macross Zero.  You'll then see just how far animation has come for air battles.

Offline redmongoose
  • *
  • 4,042 posts
  • 127
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • RED
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007 02:18 PM »
I like the one with the round guy in the top hat its super creepy
Quote from: Inaxis
do u have a problem, bastard?!

Offline rtil
  • *
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,153 posts
  • 653
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007 02:53 PM »
Quote from: Rainier
Quote from: rtil
that and the mushroom one are both filler episodes. the actual plot is really good
bebop is my favorite anime, and coming from me that should mean something considering my general hatred for anime

Aww, don't tell me you're slowly turning into Sam's stunt double? =P

It's insane seeing all the new anime that's been coming out these past few years.  I try to immerse myself with the older shows though, because lately I feel that the animation isn't up to scratch against the traditional cel techniques.  Hence why I've come to love Miyazaki's works, like Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle.  Still, if anyone says that Last Exile is crap, I bet they enjoy watching American TV talk shows and reality programs instead.  It would befit their viewing pleasure.

Anyhoo, Cowboy Bebop is fine.  It's definitely up there as a top 10 anime, and at least it deserves the fame its received.

I just feel sad that there's good anime out there that's been overshadowed by the fan favourites like... Naruto.

So if you get the chance, watch Macross Zero.  You'll then see just how far animation has come for air battles.
i saw an episode of macross zero. the animation was great on the robots, not so much on the people. if i'm thinking of the right show at least. i think it's safe to say that for every good anime, at least ten or fifteen horrible ones are produced, and those usually end up being the popular ones. i just don't watch anime anymore really, i get disinterested fast and i don't have time to watch a series all the way through anymore. maybe movies, but that's it.

death note was kinda cool, but i even stopped watching that.

however miyazaki is one of my favorite directors, and spirited away is one of my favorite films of all time, if not my favorite.

Quote from: REDMONGOOSE
I like the one with the round guy in the top hat its super creepy
pierrot le fou

Offline systech
Male
  • *
  • always imitated, never duplicated
  • 5,958 posts
  • 164
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007 02:58 PM »
The super-milk chan show is the greatest
<+fawx> im trying to animate a dick coming out of a toaster how do i go on about doing this
<~rtil> well fawx what you would do is delete the fla and do something productive instead

<+ansel> i lure children into my van with candy and then i read them passages from 'the origin of species'
<%ropesnake> billy con ends with billy raping his cat
<+billymonks> FUCK YOU BUG

<~rtil> ya one time i gave this hobo some cat food and he ate it like the animal he is it pleased me

Offline jebxz
  • *
  • 985 posts
  • 3
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007 03:26 PM »
someone delete jeff is cool

Offline Dagolith
  • *
  • 1,834 posts
  • 0
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • http://
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007 07:21 PM »
Quote from: REDMONGOOSE
I like the one with the round guy in the top hat its super creepy
ya that guy was tight, i would chill with him.
Quote from: taylor
fuck dagolith
Quote from: systecho
vans with paintings of viking women on them are impervious to all types of damage

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007 11:03 PM »
Quote from: rtil
i saw an episode of macross zero. the animation was great on the robots, not so much on the people. if i'm thinking of the right show at least. i think it's safe to say that for every good anime, at least ten or fifteen horrible ones are produced, and those usually end up being the popular ones. i just don't watch anime anymore really, i get disinterested fast and i don't have time to watch a series all the way through anymore. maybe movies, but that's it.

Macross Zero was a 5 part OVA produced only in Japan.  The original creators of Macross have been having a hard time with the bloody US company, Harmony Gold; who still hold by the tragic belief that they were the ones who made Macross.  Truth is Robotech will always and forever be a plagiarism.  Because of it, Macross Zero has never been released as an english dub, and the only copy of the OVA that's been released worldwide is almost a bootleg, but it's still legal nonetheless.  Sadly, this also means that any subtitles that have come out so far for it are virtually impossible to understand and follow.  It got to the stage where you wanted to switch them off and make up the story for yourself instead.

Not sure about the bad animations on the people though.  I thought they were pretty good; especially for the vivid motions of one character that was always lively, in a cat like gymnast kind of way.  The backgrounds were pretty awesome too.

And agreed on the ratio of good anime vs. crap anime.  If I ever watch something new nowadays, it's either because I've got nothing better else to do, or that I stumbled upon it by mistake.  I mean, I found Gundam MS 08th Team, only because I saw an AMV of it being played to Nightwish's 10th Man Down track.  But I guess that was back in the day when I had only seen under 10 anime shows in my entire life.

Quote
however miyazaki is one of my favorite directors, and spirited away is one of my favorite films of all time, if not my favorite.

I need to watch Princess Monouke someday too...   But I heard that Miyazaki has just brought out a new movie this year?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007 11:07 PM by Rainier »

Offline Dagolith
  • *
  • 1,834 posts
  • 0
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • http://
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007 11:54 PM »
Quote from: rtil
i think it's safe to say that for every good anime, at least ten or fifteen horrible ones are produced.
I really like anime, but i'd have to agree with that, there is so much shitty anime, that ratio should be higher.
Quote from: taylor
fuck dagolith
Quote from: systecho
vans with paintings of viking women on them are impervious to all types of damage

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007 06:24 AM »
Yeah, Ryan might be a bit lenient there.  He probably forgot to include all the hentai and other shows that don't make it beyond Japan's shores. =P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007 06:43 AM by Rainier »

Offline rtil
  • *
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,153 posts
  • 653
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007 03:57 PM »
Quote from: Rainier
Macross Zero was a 5 part OVA produced only in Japan.  The original creators of Macross have been having a hard time with the bloody US company, Harmony Gold; who still hold by the tragic belief that they were the ones who made Macross.  Truth is Robotech will always and forever be a plagiarism.  Because of it, Macross Zero has never been released as an english dub, and the only copy of the OVA that's been released worldwide is almost a bootleg, but it's still legal nonetheless.  Sadly, this also means that any subtitles that have come out so far for it are virtually impossible to understand and follow.  It got to the stage where you wanted to switch them off and make up the story for yourself instead.

Not sure about the bad animations on the people though.  I thought they were pretty good; especially for the vivid motions of one character that was always lively, in a cat like gymnast kind of way.  The backgrounds were pretty awesome too.
sounds like a development hell story. also greed. really too bad when people can't just give credit where credit is due.

Quote
I need to watch Princess Monouke someday too...   But I heard that Miyazaki has just brought out a new movie this year?
howl's moving castle is the only recent one i know of. mononoke was good, but i liked spirited away better, probably because i saw it first and i also thought it was a thousand times more creative and imaginative.

Offline systech
Male
  • *
  • always imitated, never duplicated
  • 5,958 posts
  • 164
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007 05:05 PM »
SUPER

MILK

CHAN

uh I think i've made my point
<+fawx> im trying to animate a dick coming out of a toaster how do i go on about doing this
<~rtil> well fawx what you would do is delete the fla and do something productive instead

<+ansel> i lure children into my van with candy and then i read them passages from 'the origin of species'
<%ropesnake> billy con ends with billy raping his cat
<+billymonks> FUCK YOU BUG

<~rtil> ya one time i gave this hobo some cat food and he ate it like the animal he is it pleased me

Offline redmongoose
  • *
  • 4,042 posts
  • 127
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • RED
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007 05:22 PM »
super milk chan sucks
Quote from: Inaxis
do u have a problem, bastard?!

Offline rtil
  • *
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,153 posts
  • 653
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007 08:52 PM »
Quote from: REDMONGOOSE
super milk chan sucks

Offline Dagolith
  • *
  • 1,834 posts
  • 0
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • http://
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007 11:53 PM »
Quote from: Rainier
Yeah, Ryan might be a bit lenient there.  He probably forgot to include all the hentai and other shows that don't make it beyond Japan's shores. =P
oh don't worry, it all makes it's way out, one way or another, but it's gets out.
Quote from: taylor
fuck dagolith
Quote from: systecho
vans with paintings of viking women on them are impervious to all types of damage

Offline trent bortknob
  • *
  • 6,849 posts
  • 55
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007 05:28 AM »
Quote from: rtil
Quote from: REDMONGOOSE
super milk chan sucks


Offline systech
Male
  • *
  • always imitated, never duplicated
  • 5,958 posts
  • 164
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2007 09:56 AM »
Quote from: taylor
Quote from: rtil
Quote from: REDMONGOOSE
super milk chan sucks

FUCK YOU ALL
<+fawx> im trying to animate a dick coming out of a toaster how do i go on about doing this
<~rtil> well fawx what you would do is delete the fla and do something productive instead

<+ansel> i lure children into my van with candy and then i read them passages from 'the origin of species'
<%ropesnake> billy con ends with billy raping his cat
<+billymonks> FUCK YOU BUG

<~rtil> ya one time i gave this hobo some cat food and he ate it like the animal he is it pleased me

Offline redmongoose
  • *
  • 4,042 posts
  • 127
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • RED
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007 12:20 PM »
You dumb@$$!
Quote from: Inaxis
do u have a problem, bastard?!

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007 11:29 PM »
Quote
howl's moving castle is the only recent one i know of. mononoke was good, but i liked spirited away better, probably because i saw it first and i also thought it was a thousand times more creative and imaginative.

Fair enough.  Compared to HMC and Spirited Away, I'd say SA was more creative and imaginative too.  Not by too much though.  I'd say HMC sacrficed a little for the romantic story involved, so things were kept closer to the two main characters and their surroundings, but the imagination that went into Howl's castle was awesome.

Just found out too about the new film.  It's a first, but it's directed by Goro Miyazaki-- Hayao Miyazaki's son.  Word has it that Hayao was asked to direct Tales of Earthsea first, but he was already caught up in the production of HMC, so his son did it in his place.  I'm tempted to go watch it to see what the younger of the family name is capable of.

Offline trent bortknob
  • *
  • 6,849 posts
  • 55
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007 03:34 PM »
Quote from: REDMONGOOSE
You dumb@$$!
you're full of sh*t!

DUH DUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!! XD