thebackalleys
TF2 and propane accessories
You are not logged in.
( Login | Register )

Kill La Kill

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #340 on: September 4, 2014 11:50 PM »
well.. everyone knew she was alive. at least that's what i assumed

Offline Stu4U
Male
  • i'm dying, squirtle.
  • 926 posts
    • superstu4u on Skype
« Reply #341 on: September 5, 2014 12:46 AM »
to be fair, i didn't expect
(click to show/hide)
that was a cute touch.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #342 on: September 5, 2014 01:23 AM »
she's such a sheep, it's so adorable

Offline Flash
Male
  • holy hotsauce! you've grown an extra millimeter!
  • 1,782 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
« Reply #343 on: September 7, 2014 07:01 PM »
I thought episode 24's ending montage took place in honno city, but satsuki cutting her hair at the end of the ova means it couldn't have. why must they do this to me? why must they create a short-hair-related plot-hole?

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #344 on: September 7, 2014 10:12 PM »
I thought episode 24's ending montage took place in honno city, but satsuki cutting her hair at the end of the ova means it couldn't have. why must they do this to me? why must they create a short-hair-related plot-hole?

are you sure about that? cuz right after the credits start rolling we see this sequence:

and then they start playing the date sequences in a much nicer looking city outside of where Honnouji Academy was.

Offline Kött
Male
  • uguu
  • 1,587 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • ballzonforehead on Skype
« Reply #345 on: September 8, 2014 03:55 PM »
Holy shit, I never noticed that...
I mean it was pretty clear what happened to the island at the end of the OVA but I completely overlooked this in the final episode.
Too bad they never explained the other plot holes. Senketsu backstory would've been nice but the OVA still turned out way better than I anticipated.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2014 03:57 PM by Kött »
:3

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #346 on: September 8, 2014 04:19 PM »
there's a couple things about klk's plot that kind of bug me, but not enough for it to ruin my enjoyment of the series. the biggest thing for me was how utterly useless Nudist Beach ended up being. in the first half of the series they felt like a legitimate threat and something bigger than everything else going on, but by the end they had been reduced to a literal joke. like the whole 'DTR' thing. even in the OVA they had no use for them.

Offline Gilthwixt
Male
  • Worthless Scum
  • 498 posts
    • Gilthwixt on Skype
« Reply #347 on: September 8, 2014 04:59 PM »
there's a couple things about klk's plot that kind of bug me, but not enough for it to ruin my enjoyment of the series. the biggest thing for me was how utterly useless Nudist Beach ended up being. in the first half of the series they felt like a legitimate threat and something bigger than everything else going on, but by the end they had been reduced to a literal joke. like the whole 'DTR' thing. even in the OVA they had no use for them.

You get this strong feeling that Trigger played the plot by ear. I have to wonder if the character polls didn't have something to do with how plot threads played out. Tsumugu seemed like he was going to be a big deal with his sister and all, and then that plot got sidelined and by the end of the series I - and Satsuki for that matter - couldn't even remember his name. Incidentally, he didn't even make top 10 in Newtype's character polls. Satsuki on the other hand was #1 and stole the show.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #348 on: September 8, 2014 05:11 PM »

You get this strong feeling that Trigger played the plot by ear. I have to wonder if the character polls didn't have something to do with how plot threads played out. Tsumugu seemed like he was going to be a big deal with his sister and all, and then that plot got sidelined and by the end of the series I - and Satsuki for that matter - couldn't even remember his name. Incidentally, he didn't even make top 10 in Newtype's character polls. Satsuki on the other hand was #1 and stole the show.

that's what you'd think when watching it, but according to the creators, the script was written before the series started. maybe they did start changing things as they went along, we'll probably never know. but i think imaishi is not the best writer, and his scripts tend to get weaker after timeskips. he's really creative but i think he needs more people around him to challenge him on his stories.

Offline SrsSam77
Male
  • Greater Aniki
  • 1,428 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #349 on: December 17, 2014 10:22 PM »
I have this gut feeling that Ryoko and Satsuki are eventually going to become allies. If I'm right ya'll owe me a pizza. If I'm wrong, I will commit sudoku.
Jesus christ
done

also
>tfw reading all the naive posts from before and during the show airing

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #350 on: December 18, 2014 12:18 AM »
so glad all the 'mako dies' conspiracy theorists were wrong

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
« Reply #351 on: December 19, 2014 12:01 AM »
I have this gut feeling that Ryoko and Satsuki are eventually going to become allies. If I'm right ya'll owe me a pizza. If I'm wrong, I will commit sudoku.
Jesus christ
done

also
>tfw reading all the naive posts from before and during the show airing

Fuck, has it really been that long since KLK started?

It scares me how fast time flies.

Offline SrsSam77
Male
  • Greater Aniki
  • 1,428 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #352 on: December 19, 2014 12:09 AM »
it only goes faster from here :^)