thebackalleys
meeples and vidyas
You are not logged in.
( Login | Register )

Official TBA StarCraft II Thread

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #680 on: June 13, 2012 01:16 PM »
i did put the queen on hold position the first time. but that was the only time and i forgot. i guess i got lucky he didn't try to come in. although with those spines he may have just run off anyway. with the new queen range i don't feel pressured to make roaches anymore when hellions come. queens and spines are enough. if i have to make lings i will, usually it's just to defend a 3rd going up. not like hellions could bring it down anyway but they could soften it up substantially.

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #681 on: June 13, 2012 01:31 PM »
If I have time this weekend or whenever i can go over some of your ZvZ games if you want some more tips, since I seem to be good at that.

On side note - Sin, who has your account now? Did you just trade it for whatever reason? Because I still see that you're online sometimes (and are in masters) (and messaged me asking to trade accounts for some reason)

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #682 on: June 13, 2012 01:47 PM »
maybe wait on that, i'll post some losses you could probbly get more information from those

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
« Reply #683 on: June 13, 2012 02:23 PM »
If I have time this weekend or whenever i can go over some of your ZvZ games if you want some more tips, since I seem to be good at that.

On side note - Sin, who has your account now? Did you just trade it for whatever reason? Because I still see that you're online sometimes (and are in masters) (and messaged me asking to trade accounts for some reason)

when was that? some guy leaked my realid thing and my account was EPIC HACKED (possibly related to some diablo3 issue tbh) and i got an authenticator app on my phone BUT the other day my phone was ruined so i can't get an activation code to log in and i don't feel like fucking around with it atm (i can still play on EU)

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
« Reply #684 on: June 13, 2012 02:33 PM »

when was that? some guy leaked my realid thing and my account was EPIC HACKED (possibly related to some diablo3 issue tbh) and i got an authenticator app on my phone BUT the other day my phone was ruined so i can't get an activation code to log in and i don't feel like fucking around with it atm (i can still play on EU)

This was about a week ago or so, I've seen the account online a few other times though. He, in a well mannered way, offered to swap accounts with me to it to masters, and I of course declined. That's the only interaction we've had.

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #685 on: June 13, 2012 03:24 PM »
yeah idgaf i got free zerg wins and a shiny badge

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
« Reply #686 on: June 17, 2012 04:41 PM »
yo my account is SeannyJ #155

I don't play that often anymore, I just watch GSL lol

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
« Reply #687 on: June 17, 2012 04:57 PM »
yeah I think I'm one of the only one's here who still somewhat actively plays, although i know some of us still watch games and what not (as you do).

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #688 on: June 17, 2012 10:57 PM »
i am playing sometimes but not as often as i used to. i am becoming a fan of playing peepmode instead of ladder.

Offline psi43
Male
  • purple poop
  • 9,075 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09 IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc!
« Reply #689 on: June 18, 2012 02:25 PM »
i might start playing on ladder again in august, i'd love to play some 1v1s against you cipher (or rtil)

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
« Reply #690 on: June 18, 2012 05:19 PM »
i might start playing on ladder again in august, i'd love to play some 1v1s against you cipher (or rtil)

Sure, just let me know.

I've been sitting between ranks 1 and 25 in diamond for almost a year and a half now. One day I will get masters. Well probably.

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #691 on: June 21, 2012 08:22 AM »
that's not seanjoystick WTF

Offline Crabarms
  • 2,317 posts
« Reply #692 on: June 25, 2012 01:39 PM »
Still playing 1's. Tried practicing Terran but fell down ranks so I just do that when I feel I have had enough with the season. Probably should just play customs if I want to practice other races. Really not fun climbing back up the ladders to get back.

Don't really care for the maps added this season. But I guess a change from metalopolis is good.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #693 on: June 25, 2012 02:24 PM »
that new desert map is way too big

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
« Reply #694 on: June 25, 2012 05:50 PM »
that new desert map is way too big
no ur army is too small LOL

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
« Reply #695 on: June 25, 2012 09:44 PM »
I'm still sitting in 5-20 diamond range, but due to a lot of work I probably won't be playing much this summer spare weekends.

On a side note, I wonder when the next big update is going to roll out, it's been a while. I know the arcade stuff is currently in beta but...

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #696 on: July 22, 2012 11:10 PM »
update: i still haven't bothered recovering my butt.net account to play more buttcraft as the butt race (they have butts)

Offline Crabarms
  • 2,317 posts
« Reply #697 on: July 27, 2012 01:15 AM »
I have lost to some dumb shit today that I shouldn't of lost to. 4 port banshee lol and I let a zerg turtle to get broodlords ( he was massing lings, I thought he was either going air or infestor).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012 01:59 AM by Crabarms »

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #698 on: July 27, 2012 03:35 AM »
i've been 8 pooling all protoss recently with excellent results. i've won probably 90% of those games.

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
« Reply #699 on: July 27, 2012 08:40 AM »
Havenm't played much myself these past few weeks, mostly been catching up on some other games. Anyways, here's a vid I found, probably old news, but still

There's also an extended version if want