Official TBA StarCraft II Thread

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1040 on: March 11, 2013 03:50 AM »
uh actually these guys got a ton of shit wrong and the presentation is really messy

for example, they said samir duran 'betrayed' the terran dominion to join the united earth directorate, which is why dugalle thinks of him as a traitor

however duran presented himself as a member of the remnants of the toppled confederacy working to undermine the dominion, which was his given reason for joining the UED

dugalle presumably considered him a traitor due to him not aligning with his fellow terrans and instead rushing to the aid of the 'earthlings' come to conquer the koprulu sector

Offline psi43
Male
  • purple poop
  • 9,075 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09 IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc!
« Reply #1041 on: March 11, 2013 09:02 AM »
^I actually played SC1 and SC:bw very recently and when they were talking about that bit of Duran's past, I was wondering "Hm. I guess I understood it wrong in the game or something" but thanks for clarifying that again. That's how I understood it in the game.

I'll be playing through the SC2:WoL campaign again now, cause I haven't done that on my US account yet anyways.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #1042 on: March 11, 2013 02:21 PM »
i thought it was actually very well represented, the host was well spoken and the show was well produced. i can't imagine they really got all that much stuff wrong. they didn't get any WoL plot points wrong.

Offline psi43
Male
  • purple poop
  • 9,075 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09 IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc!

Offline psi43
Male
  • purple poop
  • 9,075 posts
« Reply #1044 on: March 11, 2013 04:16 PM »
okay fuck what I said about the writing before

the writing is quite cool (at least in the first 30 minutes of the game, that's about as far as I am currently) and Kerrigan is hilarious. Like, legitimately funny.

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #1045 on: March 11, 2013 05:20 PM »
i thought it was actually very well represented, the host was well spoken and the show was well produced. i can't imagine they really got all that much stuff wrong. they didn't get any WoL plot points wrong.

Yeah they obviously put a lot of time into this research, definitely a good watch. Thanks for the link, especially since I last played the sc1 campaigns so long ago

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #1046 on: March 11, 2013 11:07 PM »
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/9067510/Heart_of_the_Swarm_League_Percentages-3_11_2013
^interesting

maybe, but wholly uninteresting to most of us since we are platinum-masters anyway (the ones who do play anyway)

last time i played i made a diamond zerg seethe with unending anger at getting meched to death, then promptly lost to a gold protoss because i tried to mass marines as a macro excercise
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013 11:09 PM by Sinitron »

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #1047 on: March 12, 2013 01:55 AM »
it will be good for new players which is all that matters.

overall, hots is super friendly towards newer players and a lot more inviting. also, the interface is 10x less confusing. i'm sure we all remember a few patches ago the maze-like interface of trying to get to ladder, now it's literally two clicks away.

Offline psi43
Male
  • purple poop
  • 9,075 posts
« Reply #1048 on: March 12, 2013 08:47 AM »
it will be good for new players which is all that matters.

Yeah. Not sure if any of you remember, but it took me about a year to get out of Bronze league. I didn't play a lot but it was round about 30 games, which I won most of. Weirdly enough, getting from Silver to Gold didn't take too many games for me and after that I gave my account to Haustka or whatever his name was.

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #1049 on: March 12, 2013 09:14 AM »
got the CE

it's pretty cool, better than the WoL one in some ways but it lacks the same amount of substance (things like the raynor dogtag)

installing atm

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #1050 on: March 12, 2013 10:01 PM »
my only complaint about the CE is that it was a real missed opportunity to not call the art book "Art of the Swarm"

Offline psi43
Male
  • purple poop
  • 9,075 posts
« Reply #1051 on: March 13, 2013 02:33 AM »

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #1052 on: March 13, 2013 03:21 AM »
done and done

blared through it on hard difficulty, just massing roach/queen/ultra and a-moving for the most part while microing kerrigan

the conclusion was as expected, but it made more sense than the leaked ending

for the most part they wrapped up most of the questions in wings of liberty

but i feel they could have handled a certain good doctor somewhat better

i did like how the satellite you can inspect towards the same is the same kind as the one seen in one of the original terran cutscenes in vanilla starcraft though

nice little touch really

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #1053 on: March 13, 2013 03:25 AM »
also the achievements are a lot easier to get than in wings of liberty because you don't have to play on hard difficulty to get them all, so you can take your time in normal to get most of them right then follow up with harder playthroughs

overall it was better than wings of liberty, but i believe this was partially because you didn't have to put up with raynor talking about dumb shit

Offline psi43
Male
  • purple poop
  • 9,075 posts
« Reply #1054 on: March 13, 2013 03:47 AM »
done and done

blared through it on hard difficulty, just massing roach/queen/ultra and a-moving for the most part while microing kerrigan

the conclusion was as expected, but it made more sense than the leaked ending

for the most part they wrapped up most of the questions in wings of liberty

but i feel they could have handled a certain good doctor somewhat better

i did like how the satellite you can inspect towards the same is the same kind as the one seen in one of the original terran cutscenes in vanilla starcraft though

nice little touch really

I pretty much agree. Towards the end I basically just massed Vile-Roaches with a couple of queens and 3-4 infestors; won without much of a problem. I didn't micro Kerrigan at all, aside from spamming E.

oh and that satellite is also the multiplayer symbol for sc1/bw.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #1055 on: March 13, 2013 04:38 AM »
if you guys want to discuss the campaign, don't forget we have spoiler tags and you can do that without worrying about what you can't say

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #1056 on: March 13, 2013 04:42 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline psi43
Male
  • purple poop
  • 9,075 posts
« Reply #1057 on: March 13, 2013 07:13 AM »
(click to show/hide)
Heavy spoilers so if you haven't completely finished the campaign, don't read:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #1058 on: March 13, 2013 07:45 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline psi43
Male
  • purple poop
  • 9,075 posts
« Reply #1059 on: March 13, 2013 08:25 AM »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)