Official TBA StarCraft II Thread

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1100 on: March 25, 2013 02:16 PM »
I guess this has become the multiplayer thread now?

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #1101 on: March 25, 2013 02:24 PM »
oops

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
« Reply #1102 on: March 26, 2013 03:09 AM »
personally i think the hots thread should be more for organization and keeping tags and such up to date

and this thread can be spammed to shit with off-topic ramblings and discussions about dumb crap like funny reddit pictures!!! and stuff like arcade games or whatever

games like...

raynor party

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
« Reply #1103 on: March 31, 2013 10:46 AM »
Happy 15th year anniversary, bros.

Anyone up for some Broodwar?

Offline Crabarms
  • 2,317 posts
« Reply #1104 on: April 1, 2013 06:44 AM »
blizzard changed workers to warhounds its pretty silly.

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
« Reply #1105 on: April 1, 2013 09:58 AM »
I wish I would have found this out when I actually played, it probably would have been a lot funnier.

Hell I don't even think I'll have time to play at all today (LOL APRIL FOOLS XDDDDDDDDDD)

Offline RichChap
  • 535 posts
    • http://belgianman.com/djkristoffer
« Reply #1106 on: April 3, 2013 04:50 PM »
HEY GUYS I GOT HOTS BUT NOBODY IS EVER ONLINE WHATS THE DEAL : (

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #1107 on: April 3, 2013 06:03 PM »
normally i would be but 1. my computer exploded and 2. i'm too busy to play right now even if i wanted to

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #1108 on: April 3, 2013 06:46 PM »
I'm usually only around on sundays (although, usually for many hours)

Offline RichChap
  • 535 posts
    • http://belgianman.com/djkristoffer

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #1110 on: April 7, 2013 03:06 AM »
can't play online atm

poor internet quality

they're gonna stretch fiber cables here eventually but i don't know when that will be

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #1111 on: April 7, 2013 03:06 AM »
playing warhammer tabletop instead

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
« Reply #1112 on: April 8, 2013 09:24 AM »
playing warhammer tabletop instead

Offline Sinitron
  • This is Duke.
  • 5,705 posts
« Reply #1113 on: April 8, 2013 03:29 PM »
It's actually a lot of fun, very relaxing and the people are friendly. Bad manners are almost unheard of, and in general the community is inclusive and positive... The polar opposite of just about every online community, really. Playing Warhammer requires you to look people in the eyes and have an understanding, unlike online gaming where you can be the biggest asocial asshole conceivable and suck the fun out of the game for everyone involved. That isn't to say that StarCraft isn't fun anymore, it's just nowhere near as rewarding as fielding an army you lovingly crafted yourself, receiving positive feedback from your peers, and looking at all the cool things other people make.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #1114 on: April 10, 2013 10:09 PM »
any zergs with thoughts on how to beat colossus void ray? it's back and it's worse than ever because of prismatic alignment. every composition i have tried melts to it. my only thought now is to get vipers and try and take the army apart piece by piece, but i don't think i'm good enough to actually pull that off.

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
« Reply #1115 on: April 10, 2013 10:46 PM »
any zergs with thoughts on how to beat colossus void ray? it's back and it's worse than ever because of prismatic alignment. every composition i have tried melts to it. my only thought now is to get vipers and try and take the army apart piece by piece, but i don't think i'm good enough to actually pull that off.

you're fucked :wile:

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #1116 on: April 10, 2013 10:52 PM »

you're fucked :wile:

Offline cipher
  • 1,606 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #1117 on: April 10, 2013 11:39 PM »

I've been fairly successful against toss going roach/hydra, fast upgrades and a fast hive tech, for of course vipers. All you need is ~3-5 and you can deal with any colossus. But as always, have a backup plan. Your hive should come a little faster than normal, but I usually get a spire / greater spire up as backup, but don't transition into that until my roach/hydra/viper thing stops working. If things are going your way, you should have a good amount of cash saved up when its time for the switch, so you'd be able to get a lot of air power all at once.

Of course though, as it has always been, the best way to deal with that style of deathball is to just not let them get it. Easier said than done I suppose...

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,160 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #1118 on: April 10, 2013 11:49 PM »
well i denied his 3rd twice and killed 30 of his probes and he did it anyway, so i'll just try to deal with it whenever i have to

Offline Crabarms
  • 2,317 posts
« Reply #1119 on: April 22, 2013 07:39 PM »
*brushes cobweb

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8704740456

A few other things we're thinking on but are really not even close to final on are:
1. Oracle movement speed increase
To really reward high skilled usage of Oracles. Even when air units are in play, it could be possible for the highest end players to perfectly use Oracles without losing them.

2. Burrow cost and/or research time down
Towards the beginning of HotS, early burrow attacks showed some decent potential but we never see it anymore. We thought this variety in opening especially on the Zerg that usually play a defensive early game was cool. So we're wondering how early game Zerg can evolve if we made early game attacks using burrow more effective.