Pokemon thread

Offline Unless
Female
  • rascal, be
  • 507 posts
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015 04:16 AM »
I liked the fact that in X/Y you could finally customize your trainer, but like crackers, I think I enjoyed ORAS better.
I really didn't like X at all. I much preferred ORAS, but I really did enjoy the cosmetic aspects of X, the whole changing your trainer's outfit was really cool.
This was honestly a critical thing for me though. I've always hated spending money on consumables (true of every RPG ever), and what I'd started doing was saving up as usual and then spending all my money on all the clothes in the world. Not being able to do so in AS/OR was a huge turn-off for me. And not being able to change your character's skin colour any more definitely seemed like a weird move.
Also I was kind of getting out of Pokémon a bit in time for Ruby and Sapphire in an attempt to be cooler going into secondary school, so the nostalgia trip isn't as effective for me as HG/SS.
Alsoalso I'm morally offended that for the first time they have the ability to update the older games in the same generation to make the two sets completely compatible but instead aren't because they want us to buy new games from them to complete the Pokédex and be able to play with friends. They don't have an excuse this time apart from ‘Yeahhhhh, buddy, we want all your money, honey bunny.’
So pretty much like normal then and I don't know what I was expecting, but hell if it doesn't grind my gears.

My 3DS friend code is 5129-2508-2545.

I'm currently somewhat rusty at Pokémon, and only own X and don't have any intentions of getting OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire in the foreseeable future. With that in mind, I'd also like to test my capacity to use my [PokéGen] to create ‘legit’ Pokémon before I start doing it in exchange for favours. So I'm offering free Pokémon to your specifications at the moment. Limited time offer, and I'm feeling generous currently, so I advise you take advantage promptly if this is something up your alley, honey. How splendid.
Thank you very much for the offer, but I've basically completed my dex (outside of illegal events), and I've bred everything I need for a competitive team, outside of a few, which I plan to do later in the year.
Sure thing. Breeding is a lot more satisfactory, that's for sure. I just know that many people don't care to spend so much time on it. I myself gave up on breeding for a long while after my brother reset my Pokémon Black game containing a number of bred Pokémon including my specific Hidden Power Porygon-Z, and also my favourite individual instance of my favourite individual Pokémon.

Actually, I'd love to borrow as many event Pokémon as possible, with slight preference for event-exclusive legendaries. By ‘borrow’ I mean leave the trade, come back an hour later or whenever suits, then trade everything back to you.
(click to show/hide)

And since it's nearly Halloween. Who's your favorite ghost type?
Quote from: some peeps
[some preferences]
I am a big fan of both Frosslass and Sableye. Frosslass just looks super nifty and I used as a special sweeper with Density Bond (sic). It was like an inefficient Gengar or something and I loved it.

I was annoyed when Spiritomb stole Sableye's thing, and then I was annoyed when Fairies fucked with Sableye's thing, and then I was annoyed when Mega Sableye was due a new ability and didn't get his thing back.

Litwick's cute and reminded me of Candlemon, whose name I am annoyed I had to look up and also I find stupid. I used to hate Chandelure for the same reason that I hate Vanillux in that it's just an already existing item with a face on it. In Chandelure's case, the face wasn't particularly stupid and I guess I gave it a pass for being a Ghost because it could literally have possessed a chandelier I suppose.

My favourite Ghost and all-time favourite Pokémon:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015 04:22 AM by Unless »
*whistles the theme song to your least favourite anime*

Offline crackers
Male
  • i cant stand ya, george
  • 1,219 posts
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2015 02:05 AM »
Haha, breeding for hidden powers is a bitch. Iirc I only bred a HP fire Greninja, and even then that was annoying because that requires a 30IV in speed, ugh. I did like how much easier it was to breed perfect IV (and shiny!) mons aswell this gen. Still proud of my Flawless shiny Magby with Barrier/Belch/Cross Chop, what a breed

Offline ZennyPLUS
Male
  • GIMME DAH MONEY
  • 1,598 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
    • zennyplus on Skype
    • Excetera-ZEN's Gamespot Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015 05:02 PM »
Haha, breeding for hidden powers is a bitch. Iirc I only bred a HP fire Greninja, and even then that was annoying because that requires a 30IV in speed, ugh. I did like how much easier it was to breed perfect IV (and shiny!) mons aswell this gen. Still proud of my Flawless shiny Magby with Barrier/Belch/Cross Chop, what a breed

I found that I actually enjoy Pokémon when I stopped giving a shit about the IVs and shit like that. I will still breed for hidden though as some of those are pretty fun to use (like magma armor). I did finish my shiny Larvesta through breeding by sheer chance though and only after 2 eggs.

Offline Stu4U
Male
  • i'm dying, squirtle.
  • 926 posts
    • superstu4u on Skype
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015 12:46 AM »
the only shiny i ever got was a tentacool random encounter from sapphire, the gba sapphire.

i don't give any shits about shinies anyway. and whenever i see people with a full team of shinies all i can imagine is the hours spent for just getting one of them since the odds for breeding for them is abysmal.

breeding in general is hell. i only breed for hidden abilities, but now that you can 'chain' for hidden abilities in OR/AS i never breed anymore unless the pokemon i have has a bad nature.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015 12:58 AM by Stu4U »

Offline valiums
Female
  • 845 posts
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015 05:18 PM »
How long until I can play as a Rocket? HOW LONG?

Offline crackers
Male
  • 1,219 posts
« Reply #25 on: November 2, 2015 05:41 AM »
How long until I can play as a Rocket? HOW LONG?

You got to pap on the uniform for like 10 minutes of Gameplay in HG/SS, the closest we've ever been!!

((Real talk though being limited to exclusively poison/dark/ the raticate family line doesn't sound that appealing to me))

Offline valiums
Female
  • 845 posts
« Reply #26 on: November 5, 2015 12:36 PM »
I deleted a friend's favorite game by accident and replaced it with a team of Rat-a-ratta named after fancy cheeses in lieu of apologizing fucking years ago.
I'm ready.
I've been ready.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2015 12:38 PM by valiums »

Offline Mistarooni
Male
  • :^)
  • 508 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • Mistarooni on Skype
    • twitter
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015 09:00 PM »
some of my favs from Gen 6/XY
Chesnaught

Tyrantrum

Pangoro

Hoopa (Unbound)

Offline Stu4U
Male
  • i'm dying, squirtle.
  • 926 posts
    • superstu4u on Skype
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015 10:49 PM »
Hoopa (Unbound)

what the actual fuck is that and since when did it come out

Offline Mistarooni
Male
  • 508 posts
    • Mistarooni on Skype
    • twitter
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015 11:06 PM »

Offline Stu4U
Male
  • i'm dying, squirtle.
  • 926 posts
    • superstu4u on Skype
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2015 11:24 PM »
it looks like the long lost cousin of those three shitty elemental genies from B/W

Offline ZekeySpaceyLizard
  • dinky doodle
  • 4,947 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • zekeyspaceylizard on Skype
    • http://zekeyspaceylizard.blogspot.com
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015 11:50 PM »
It is a genie, Stu.

It traps the other legendary critters in its big hoops which allow its multiple arms to fly around.

It also talks.

It's really weird it's barely even a pokemon. More like a douchebag demon or some shit that decided to fuck everything up one day out of boredom.

On that note, the best pokemon designs:

Offline Stu4U
Male
  • i'm dying, squirtle.
  • 926 posts
    • superstu4u on Skype
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2015 11:59 PM »
It is a genie, Stu.

It traps the other legendary critters in its big hoops which allow its multiple arms to fly around.

It also talks.

It's really weird it's barely even a pokemon. More like a douchebag demon or some shit that decided to fuck everything up one day out of boredom.

sounds like your typical edgelord oc.

thanks pokemon, thanks for making legendaries even more pointless. aside from that i'm sure we can all agree that gen v had some of the worst designs.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015 12:01 AM by Stu4U »

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2015 01:25 AM »

Offline Gladius
Male
  • hot ham n cheese
  • 1,275 posts
  • This user is permanently banned
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2015 01:30 AM »
▬ஜ۩☆۩ஜ▬ ---★☆★☆★ DONALD TRUMP 2016 ★☆★☆★--- ▬ஜ۩☆۩ஜ▬

Offline Dust
  • 179 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2015 03:52 AM »

Offline Mistarooni
Male
  • 508 posts
    • Mistarooni on Skype
    • twitter
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2015 12:39 PM »

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2015 06:56 PM »
no he is the best

Offline Mistarooni
Male
  • 508 posts
    • Mistarooni on Skype
    • twitter
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015 07:17 PM »
good

Offline crackers
Male
  • 1,219 posts
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2015 10:28 PM »
It is a genie, Stu.

It also talks.

sounds like your typical edgelord oc.

thanks pokemon, thanks for making legendaries even more pointless. aside from that i'm sure we can all agree that gen v had some of the worst designs.

Gen V mons were genuinely fuckin disgusting I can't think of a single one I tolerate let alone like