thebackalleys
buckets and vidyas
You are not logged in.
( Login | Register )

does fear lead to rewards in your life? are you more/less afraid now?

Offline Jon
Male
  • honk
  • 337 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
    • rdotelm on Skype
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« on: July 4, 2017 01:44 PM »
do you feel like you're less afraid of things alot of the time, now that youre older

or do you just have a different set of fears. what fears did you upgrade to/from

do you feel like things get even more fear-inducing for you. do you feel like conquering those fears are way more satisfying b/cuz of it

are your fears healthy or do you resent em

were the fear video games ever any good

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • 🔫GUN🔫
  • 3,315 posts
« Reply #1 on: July 4, 2017 08:15 PM »
No the Fear games suck.

Offline stusader
  • 1,285 posts
« Reply #2 on: July 5, 2017 03:00 AM »
i didn't like the fear games

i'm mostly afraid of not making the most of life and dying with regrets
i think it probably gets unhealthy because that fear can be so strong that it's paralyzing

fear is good if it's like stress about complacency from my perspective
as long as it doesn't get neurotic i guess

Offline cipher
  • 1,612 posts
« Reply #3 on: July 5, 2017 11:24 AM »
I think it's pretty normal to have your fears get more intricate and deep so to speak as you get older. Like you, as you begin to understand the world, your fears (as well as aspirations, etc) are naturally going to change and grow more complex.

As long as one's fears are reasonable, having some is definitely healthy. It's just part of being human. Doesn't really matter if it's a more physical fear (death, etc), or more psychological (regret, being forgotten, etc). Key word here is "reasonable" though.

And you know, fear leads to anger, anger leads to....

Offline soup
Male
  • [ R I S E ]
  • 1,450 posts
    • keeeeeir on Skype
« Reply #4 on: July 5, 2017 02:06 PM »
havent been genuinely scared by anything in a long while in terms of media. im talking like good dread inducing horror not fuckin jumpscares. thats not being scared thats being startled by LOUD NOISE

when i was younger the only driving force behind my artwork was a deep fear of not being technically good at drawing. so yeh it certainly helped me get better

"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

Offline Jon
Male
  • honk
  • 337 posts
    • rdotelm on Skype
« Reply #5 on: July 5, 2017 08:40 PM »
i think procrastination is the main source of all the fears.

Offline Greenkitten
  • Mongolian monster molesting Muslims
  • 1,591 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • greeenkitten on Skype
    • Greenkitten's green kitten website.
« Reply #6 on: July 6, 2017 01:25 AM »
When I was a child I used to be scared of riding my push bike down the hill too fast. Now I ride a motorbike.

When I was a child I used to think the government was here to help me. Now I am scared of the government's ever increasing censo-

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • 🔫GUN🔫
  • 3,315 posts
« Reply #7 on: July 6, 2017 04:42 AM »
When I was a kid I was really anxious about human extinction but five years in the workforce changed my mind.

Offline soup
Male
  • [ R I S E ]
  • 1,450 posts
    • keeeeeir on Skype
« Reply #8 on: July 6, 2017 05:19 PM »
anyone wanna stream a scary film and we can all turn up and be not scared together
"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

Offline mealguien
Female
  • 104 posts
« Reply #9 on: July 6, 2017 08:49 PM »

this song is rlly spooky aaah