• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2017 10:42 AM »

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017 10:50 AM by Unless »
wubba lubba dub-dub 

Offline SrsSam77
Male
  • Greater Aniki
  • 1,395 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017 06:09 PM »
I don't get it your parent's got you a free game? Are you moved that they still get you presents at your age?

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,208 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2017 12:08 AM »
>nightcore

Offline Unless
Female
  • the light has gone out of my life
  • 491 posts
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2017 01:51 AM »
>nightcore
You mean to tell me that seeing songs being destroyed by nightcore doesn't make you cry?
wubba lubba dub-dub 

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • 🔫GUN🔫
  • 3,319 posts
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2017 02:15 AM »
Yesterday I had coffee with a bunch of recently graduated college educated liberal yuppies I knew from high school.

Never have I interacted with such a sleepy, boring, dispassionate group of people. It's almost as though these institutions are run by vampires. No wonder they're bending over for their southern invaders. Tried getting them to discuss politics and current events but they all "preferred not to think about it."

I mean if they're all like these the culture war is as good as won but goddamn is this a difficult lot to want to save.

Offline BluPhoenix
Male
  • rich evans laugh echoes throughout ye banquet hall
  • 3,946 posts
    • bluphoenix7 on Skype
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2017 09:49 AM »
with the ever-growing prevalence of the internet, i'd say the supposed "culture war" you're talking of has less to do with location and more with shared ideas via viral media

they're all probably wiped from complaining about things on tumblr until the wee hours
[12:59 AM] elm: yea honestly if you dont want to cum on elmer fudds bald head whats wrong with you
4:08 PM - ExBerian: can you draw me a nina williams being (fucked)
[07:49.46] <+slack> cum erupts from the dick at an alarming rate
[07:49.59] <+slack> it will blast off and slap the wall at like 40 mph

[1:17 AM] Darreus: iF ONLY I could Geind my ass on ym balls that'd be pretty cool but im too busy contemplating being a girl at 1 in the morning

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • 🔫GUN🔫
  • 3,319 posts
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2017 01:28 PM »
Oh yeah no doubt. It's just they mostly went to universities or small liberal arts colleges in New England and I can't shake the feeling that had something to do with it. They were so full of life when I last saw them five or so years ago.

And you say the culture war mostly happens online and you're right, but then stuff like this[1] and HWNDU happens.

It's incredibly stupid but they really did say it to their face faggot not online and saw what happened.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,208 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2017 04:10 PM »
is antifa good at anything besides smashing windows and ganging up on people wearing hats they don't like

Offline mealguien
Female
  • KyoSaya OTP
  • 105 posts
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2017 05:03 PM »
I dunno about you guys but honestly I really fucking hate talking about politics because most of the time things get extremely heated and it just sucks out any joy I might have had before the discussion. Not that I don't agree that discussion isn't important for helping being informed and having more sharply defined views, but most of the time it's just basically ranting about people like "the liberals / SJWs" or "Trump voters / conservatives / white people" as if they're the fucking boogiemen. The vid you posted is pretty hard to watch, but I can't say I'm surprised by the fact that it actually happened. Our immediate judgement and treatment of people are basically just putting them into boxes that either align or not with our views, and look where it's fucking getting us.

Offline ExBerian
Male
  • 537 posts
    • Jawsworth1 on Skype
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2017 05:21 PM »
I dunno about you guys but honestly I really fucking hate talking about politics because most of the time things get extremely heated and it just sucks out any joy I might have had before the discussion. Not that I don't agree that discussion isn't important for helping being informed and having more sharply defined views, but most of the time it's just basically ranting about people like "the liberals / SJWs" or "Trump voters / conservatives / white people" as if they're the fucking boogiemen. The vid you posted is pretty hard to watch, but I can't say I'm surprised by the fact that it actually happened. Our immediate judgement and treatment of people are basically just putting them into boxes that either align or not with our views, and look where it's fucking getting us.
Thats just what Hitler would say.  -_-

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • 🔫GUN🔫
  • 3,319 posts
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2017 06:01 PM »
I would never invoke my actual political opinions in a conversation with old friends for risk of mortifying them or ruining our friendship, but I was at the very least interested in their perception of the world from a recently graduated college educated liberal yuppie point of view. They still presumably knew me as a liberal and general relativist and I'm surprisingly good at flying under the radar with my opinions. Maybe they saw through me. Their only clue that I was no longer one of them was my not having gone to college and being a fair sight poorer than them.

Scenes like the one at Berkeley I think arise due to a lack of willingness to have meaningful dialogue, combined with irreconcilable differences in life experience and probably aesthetics.

is antifa good at anything besides smashing windows and ganging up on people wearing hats they don't like
They also excel at removing signs and self-awareness:

Offline mealguien
Female
  • KyoSaya OTP
  • 105 posts
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2017 06:10 PM »
Alright. Apologies for my little vent there.

Anyway, I can't personally speak from the perspective of someone familiar with New England college life, but from what I've seen, the liberal leaning folk I see on my feed tend to be much more outspoken and passionate / riled-up / self-righteous about their views. I can say the same for some of the conservative people I see online too, but typically the conservative leaning folk do tend to be a bit more "jokey" about how they respond to perceived liberal idiocy, which probably helps lighten things up for them I guess. You can kinda see it in situations where something like a NowThis or Young Terks video about someone like Tomi Lahren, where they're definitely trying to pull them apart in an argumentative way, whereas a similar video from the other side is usually edited in a jump-cut comedic way. Spending so much time with negativity without a way to really cool down does tend to pull people down.

So basically what Blu said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • 🔫GUN🔫
  • 3,319 posts
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2017 10:59 PM »
Yeah I didn't really make my position clear. That's an accurate assessment I think though. A lot of alt-right rhetoric was born on humor websites in the first place.

Got any stories of people letting their political freak flags fly and ruining friendships?

Related and also topical. Gwoemul is about a monster that attacks Seoul and kidnaps a man's daughter, but the media are too busy creating hysteria over a virus outbreak to bother reporting on it.

Offline MaxCady
Male
  • 29 posts
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2017 06:37 AM »
"First you burn politics, then you burn books, then you burn people." -Steve Stevie Stephens

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • 🔫GUN🔫
  • 3,319 posts
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2017 11:18 PM »
Most of this OST:

Offline SrsSam77
Male
  • Greater Aniki
  • 1,395 posts
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2017 07:43 AM »
what is that, is it also gay like gun valkyrie?

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • 🔫GUN🔫
  • 3,319 posts
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2017 09:12 AM »
It's a Cabal shooter so no it's not like GunValkyrie.

Offline SrsSam77
Male
  • Greater Aniki
  • 1,395 posts
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2017 08:20 PM »
I'll BERN UUUU

Offline MaxCady
Male
  • 29 posts
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2017 11:22 PM »

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • 🔫GUN🔫
  • 3,319 posts
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2017 11:35 PM »
Can't quit you Gatesu-kun ;.;

http://goboiano.com/japan-puts-anime-in-zoo-and-penguin-adopts-a-waifu/

Quote from: goboiano
The zoo keepers are isolating him from Hululu for his health. It turns out, Grape-kun wasn’t eating his food because he was too busy chilling with Hululu. Grape-kun is 20, which is elderly for a penguin, so his cute antics could cause him to die from malnutrition.