thebackalleys
puppies and warez
You are not logged in.
( Login | Register )
new art:
new art by soup 4 hours ago | new art by Sheepy 2 days ago | new art by MistaBuck 2 days ago | new art by rtil 3 days ago | new music by SHADOWFOX2 4 days ago | new art by LeftManRight 5 days ago | new art by stusader 6 days ago | new art by Blue anime man 1 week ago | new art by Stu4U 1 week ago | new art by G3no 2 weeks ago |
Louis Vuitton Bags uk - 6... by daerrlp1 1 hr ago | dump by rtil 2 hrs ago | dump by zwimmy 4 hrs ago | thread of bad by soup 4 hrs ago | soup kitchen by soup 4 hrs ago | thread of bad by Sheepy 4 hrs ago | thread of bad by rtil 4 hrs ago | It's time to get seri... by SrsSam77 5 hrs ago | thread of bad by soup 8 hrs ago | Cheap NFL Jerseys Fro... by soup 8 hrs ago |

Dragon Ball Z Movie 14

Offline Sheepy
Female
  • "The day I remembered to forget to remember."
  • 1,081 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
    • captainsheepy on Skype
    • my tum
« on: July 29, 2012 06:39 AM »

"Coming out on March 30, 2013"

Get psyched, motherfuckers.

Offline Kött
Male
  • uguu
  • 1,537 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • ballzonforehead on Skype
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012 09:19 AM »
They still produce Dragon Ball stuff? Damn... For me it seems like a spirit of the past. Can't really say that much of the interest remains.
But especially for movies I would recommend to try to contain your excitement as the Japanese blue ray releases take about half a year and before that, you will have a hard time finding even an undubbed version of it.
:3

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 22,589 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012 12:40 PM »
I would recommend to try to contain your excitement as the Japanese blue ray releases take about half a year and before that, you will have a hard time finding even an undubbed version of it.

what's wrong with fansubs?

i welcome any new db/dbz content. i wonder what the movie will be about

Offline trent bortknob
  • 6,959 posts
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2012 09:03 PM »
never been a big fan of the movies, but i'm curious as to what this is about. i honestly thought that DBZ had ended, that's why there was the whole DBGT thing

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 22,589 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2012 09:54 PM »
the films can take place at any time, they don't have to be chronological with the series

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 22,589 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #5 on: August 5, 2012 09:54 PM »
oh and, afaic, gt isn't canon

Offline ZennyPLUS
Male
  • I can feel the power!!
  • 1,448 posts
    • zennyplus on Skype
    • Excetera-ZEN's Gamespot Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 5, 2012 11:09 PM »
I wonder what this one will be about. A visit to a wikipedia page will tell me all I need to know.
<+ZennyPLUS> <~rtil> if this video gets to 500 likes i'll pour syrup on my dick
<+ZennyPLUS> <~rtil> for the fans
<+ZennyPLUS> Proceed

Offline lionsef
Male
  • Glasper
  • 528 posts
    • lionsef on Skype
« Reply #7 on: August 6, 2012 12:29 AM »
its about me

Offline trent bortknob
  • 6,959 posts
« Reply #8 on: August 6, 2012 08:48 AM »
oh and, afaic, gt isn't canon

yeah it's not based on the manga.

Offline trent bortknob
  • 6,959 posts
« Reply #9 on: August 6, 2012 08:52 AM »
I wonder what this one will be about. A visit to a wikipedia page will tell me all I need to know.

"Dragon Ball Z is an upcoming 2013 Japanese animated film part of the Dragon Ball franchise and directed by Masahiro Hosoda. The film will be released in Japan on March 30, 2013."

yep

Offline ZennyPLUS
Male
  • I can feel the power!!
  • 1,448 posts
    • zennyplus on Skype
« Reply #10 on: August 6, 2012 12:27 PM »

"Dragon Ball Z is an upcoming 2013 Japanese animated film part of the Dragon Ball franchise and directed by Masahiro Hosoda. The film will be released in Japan on March 30, 2013."

yep

But of course. This is good news.
<+ZennyPLUS> Proceed

Offline creamcorn
  • 3,260 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
« Reply #11 on: August 8, 2012 09:46 AM »
映画『ドラゴンボールZ』特報

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 22,589 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #12 on: August 8, 2012 12:15 PM »
really cool short teaser. nothing much about the plot yet except that it takes place between the death of kid buu and the world martial arts tournament. and goten and trunks are supposed to be important characters too.

Offline trent bortknob
  • 6,959 posts
« Reply #13 on: August 8, 2012 08:19 PM »
is the dragon ball manga good? i'm assuming it is better than the series (which isn't bad). i wouldn't mind reading it

Offline ZennyPLUS
Male
  • I can feel the power!!
  • 1,448 posts
    • zennyplus on Skype
« Reply #14 on: August 9, 2012 12:39 AM »
it's often considered much better than the anime. no filler either, of course, just the pure story.
<+ZennyPLUS> Proceed

Offline cipher
  • 1,464 posts
« Reply #15 on: August 9, 2012 08:56 AM »
I used to read it a lot, and really like it. But I was also in middle school, maybe even a tad younger.

Offline Kött
Male
  • uguu
  • 1,537 posts
    • ballzonforehead on Skype
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012 05:59 AM »
I would recommend to try to contain your excitement as the Japanese blue ray releases take about half a year and before that, you will have a hard time finding even an undubbed version of it.

what's wrong with fansubs?

i welcome any new db/dbz content. i wonder what the movie will be about

Nothing at all, but I don't think you've understood the main problem here... which is based on my mistake of course as I accidentally wrote undubbed instead of unsubbed.

For series airing on tv, fansubs are no problem at all, as the material can simply be recorded, edited and more or less legally distributed over the internet.
In the case of movies, however, fansubbers don't have that opportunity. The movies that are released in theatres take way longer to be released on DVD/BluRay than in the western world (around half a year). Fansubbers would either require the original Japanese DVD (and usually those are released with pretty well done English subtitles in most cases) or a camrip of the movie and those are highly illegal quite hard to get your hands on most of the time, so barely any fansubber group will take it upon itself to take that risk.

Just take the K-On movie as an example. I wasn't able to find any version of it on the internet before the official DVD/BluRay release and I really did search for it thoroughly.
:3

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 22,589 posts
    • rtil_yep on Skype
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012 03:56 PM »
somehow i don't think fansubbers will have a problem getting a hold of the japanese dvd release of a dragonball z movie

Offline ZennyPLUS
Male
  • I can feel the power!!
  • 1,448 posts
    • zennyplus on Skype
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012 02:58 PM »
somehow i don't think fansubbers will have a problem getting a hold of the japanese dvd release of a dragonball z movie

Aye.
<+ZennyPLUS> Proceed

Offline MistaBuck
Male
  • your waifu a shit
  • 484 posts
    • MistaBuckYo on Skype
    • I cannot into websites
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012 06:15 AM »
is the dragon ball manga good? i'm assuming it is better than the series (which isn't bad). i wouldn't mind reading it

It's a total classic in my opinion.
Without Dragon Ball's Influence, a lot of modern Shonen manga (One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail, etc.) probably wouldn't be what it is today.
I'd recommend you at least try it if you into manga. :3

-------
on topic, I hope the movie is good, but I'm not holding my breath. :x
\(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/
b..backalleys-kun, I...