Offline soup
Male
  • [ R I S E ]
  • 1,480 posts
    • keeeeeir on Skype
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #20 on: February 7, 2016 02:16 PM »
"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
« Reply #21 on: February 7, 2016 02:25 PM »

Offline Azai
Male
  • 24 posts

Offline ProtoChaud
Male
  • Where I bite, I hold 'til I die.
  • 239 posts
    • Proto-Chaud on Skype
« Reply #23 on: February 7, 2016 02:51 PM »
Well, this has gone better than expected.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,159 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #24 on: February 7, 2016 03:37 PM »

Offline crackers
Male
  • i cant stand ya, george
  • 1,219 posts
« Reply #25 on: February 7, 2016 03:42 PM »
fuck you

come ahead you fuckin fat canopy of shite im not done yet im still fuckin angry cmon get your fuckin ugg boots on and come fight me you fuCKIN SPAWNY EYED MUTANT I WAS A GOOD USER AND NOW IVE REVERTED FUCKIN LETS GO CHAMP LETS FUCKIN GO WHERES MY REPLY

Offline Azai
Male
  • 24 posts
« Reply #26 on: February 7, 2016 03:56 PM »
come ahead you fuckin fat canopy of shite im not done yet im still fuckin angry cmon get your fuckin ugg boots on and come fight me you fuCKIN SPAWNY EYED MUTANT I WAS A GOOD USER AND NOW IVE REVERTED FUCKIN LETS GO CHAMP LETS FUCKIN GO WHERES MY REPLY
YOU WANNA FOOKIN GO MATE ILL FOOKIN GO
IVE FOUGHT BEARS WITH ONE ARM,
AND NOW YOU MIGHT THINK, "ISN'T THAT A LITTLE CRUEL, FIGHTING A BEAR THAT HAS ONLY ONE ARM?" AND YEAH YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT BUT FUCK DUDE LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT OF PRIDE

Anyway I'll fucking rek you bro. I'll reck you a new asshole, and then I'll reck you into another universe where hitler won, using the asshole as an interdimensional portal.
I'm so fucking ripped you'll be R.I.P.ed in a microsecond. When I do push-ups I push the world down yada yada yada is that enough of a reply?

Offline soup
Male
  • [ R I S E ]
  • 1,480 posts
    • keeeeeir on Skype
« Reply #27 on: February 7, 2016 04:00 PM »
"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

Offline Azai
Male
  • 24 posts
« Reply #28 on: February 7, 2016 04:05 PM »

Heh. I've heard people mention that my avatar looks like Homestar Runner before. I suppose it's inevitable for such a simple shape to be used more than once.

Offline michaell
Male
  • I'm a huuuge weeaboo. I like video games, anime, m
  • 529 posts
  • This user is permanently banned
« Reply #29 on: February 7, 2016 04:09 PM »
id fucking strangle you

Offline ExBerian
Male
  • 473 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #30 on: February 7, 2016 04:15 PM »
???

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • RIP TBA BBS
  • 3,381 posts
« Reply #31 on: February 7, 2016 04:18 PM »
This is a big thread.

Offline zwimmy
Female
  • The original zwimmeme
  • 1,658 posts
« Reply #32 on: February 7, 2016 04:19 PM »
This is a big thread.
It's a big something, all right.

Offline systech
Male
  • always imitated, never duplicated
  • 5,958 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
« Reply #33 on: February 7, 2016 04:22 PM »
we cultivate only the finest members here at TBA
<+fawx> im trying to animate a dick coming out of a toaster how do i go on about doing this
<~rtil> well fawx what you would do is delete the fla and do something productive instead

<+ansel> i lure children into my van with candy and then i read them passages from 'the origin of species'
<%ropesnake> billy con ends with billy raping his cat
<+billymonks> FUCK YOU BUG

<~rtil> ya one time i gave this hobo some cat food and he ate it like the animal he is it pleased me

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • RIP TBA BBS
  • 3,381 posts
« Reply #34 on: February 7, 2016 04:23 PM »
A big thread.

Full of big threats.

Offline Azai
Male
  • 24 posts
« Reply #35 on: February 7, 2016 04:24 PM »
id fucking strangle you
Is this supposed to be a joke? Because I don't really see what's funny about it.
I find the Benign Violation Theory of humor works well to describe why I think it's not funny. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theories_of_humor#Benign_Violation_Theory
It states things are humorous if "1) something threatens one's sense of how the world 'ought to be', 2) the threatening situation seems benign, and 3) a person sees both interpretations at the same time.".
Since comments like "Just drink the fucking bleach already." are so ubiquitous on the Internet, or at least the part that I roam, I find that lemma 1 is not met, as the statement confines to a norm. Alternatively, I could say that the statement is so benign, that there is little humor left.

Offline Bamyasi
Male
  • RIP TBA BBS
  • 3,381 posts
« Reply #36 on: February 7, 2016 04:48 PM »
This guy's got the moxie.

Offline michaell
Male
  • I'm a huuuge weeaboo. I like video games, anime, m
  • 529 posts
  • This user is permanently banned
« Reply #37 on: February 7, 2016 05:12 PM »
id fucking strangle you
Is this supposed to be a joke? Because I don't really see what's funny about it.
I find the Benign Violation Theory of humor works well to describe why I think it's not funny. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theories_of_humor#Benign_Violation_Theory
It states things are humorous if "1) something threatens one's sense of how the world 'ought to be', 2) the threatening situation seems benign, and 3) a person sees both interpretations at the same time.".
Since comments like "Just drink the fucking bleach already." are so ubiquitous on the Internet, or at least the part that I roam, I find that lemma 1 is not met, as the statement confines to a norm. Alternatively, I could say that the statement is so benign, that there is little humor left.

what

Offline Azai
Male
  • 24 posts
« Reply #38 on: February 7, 2016 05:20 PM »
(click to show/hide)

what

I'm not sure how I could have been more clear.

Offline crackers
Male
  • i cant stand ya, george
  • 1,219 posts
« Reply #39 on: February 7, 2016 05:41 PM »
you are literal living meme