squishies and mountain dew
You are not logged in.
( Login | Register )

Recent Posts

Pages:
2 3 ... 10
Entertainment / Re: Twin Peaks
« Last post by Yvonne on Today at 02:30 AM »
The only sequence I liked from this episode was the theatre Addams family atomic gold sphere scene.

And the reveal as to why the dark roads and headlights were significant in the teaser.

Lynch Occultic shit to the max. Not that I'm complaining.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6jiaxs/comment/djefzne

(click to show/hide)

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6jiaxs/comment/djehe28

Another thing: I've always kind of wondered what Twin Peaks' fascination with teenagers is, but I think the thing at the end with the poem...all the adults dropped (dead?) but the teen girl just kind of yawned and fell asleep. And then a disgusting cockroach frog fell asleep in her mouth.

Teenagers are like this weird bridge between children and adults. I think Twin Peaks focuses a lot on the transition that happens when a child/teenager realizes humans/adults don't have good intentions. For Laura it must have happened quite young, when BOB started abusing her, but she still had a naive faith in her family and when she realized it was Leland it destroyed her. But you see shades of Laura in Donna, Audrey, and Shelly, who also have similar realizations about the intentions of people during the original series.

One of the things I love about Twin Peaks is the 40s-50s influence, and I'm not sure if it's because of Lynch's childhood or if it was something like the atomic bomb. I feel like for Lynch, the atomic bomb might be to the world/human history what Laura realizing BOB and Leland were one and the same was to Laura.

Edit: The 40s and 50s also have this image of purity but it was brought about by the atom bomb and based on exclusion, oppression, and just outright fucked up stuff.

Teenagers are also a "manufactured" age category in the sense that people born before the consumer boom of the 1950s didn't really think of adolescence in the same way we do. The spread of adolescence as a transitional phase between childhood and adulthood was at least in part driven by the economic situation of the time; there was suddenly a large group of young people with disposable income when there wasn't before. Accordingly, there was suddenly an explosion of everything teenage; there were knick-knacks marketed towards teenagers, movies custom-built for that audience, and so on (and not to mention music).

I think Lynch is interested in teenagers because they're a living manifestation of his pet topic of the seediness behind superficial exteriors. Once you cut past the exterior, you find a lot of pain, and a lot of dreaming.

I like this observation the best.
« Last post by BluPhoenix on Yesterday at 07:26 PM »
>episode 8
General / Re: Things that make you cry
« Last post by Bamyasi on June 23, 2017 05:41 AM »
General / Re: music thread 2.1
« Last post by Yvonne on June 22, 2017 10:35 PM »
General / Re: snackz
« Last post by ExBerian on June 22, 2017 02:16 PM »

I LOVE takis. They are my second favorite to salt & vinegar chips.

I don't like takis as much now mainly because I ate a lot of them which made me a little sick. I was about to throw up but couldn't make it to the bathroom so I covered my mouth which was actually a bad idea.

A stream of takis colored/flavored bile erupted with a force out of my nose burning everything it touched.

But there still p good tbh
General / Re: Journey thread
« Last post by ExBerian on June 22, 2017 02:09 PM »
General / Re: Journey thread
« Last post by spite on June 21, 2017 07:05 PM »
« Last post by rtil on June 19, 2017 01:23 AM »
RIP mr strawberry

she done good, i hope they're not done with her character
Entertainment / Re: spring 2017 anime
« Last post by rtil on June 18, 2017 06:22 PM »
that was 12 eps not 11

season 3 is confirmed 2018, season unknown - my guess would be fall b/c kabaneri
Entertainment / Re: spring 2017 anime
« Last post by SrsSam77 on June 18, 2017 05:23 PM »
Hot damn this latest ep of shingeki was literal quality, fucking beautiful, I'm glad the budget went to this ep and I can forgive wit for all the CGI in the beginning of the season.

Is there another ep after this? this latest ep should be about the 11th in this cour

:EDIT:
eleven fucking episodes thanks obama, at least fucking one dude monkey trouble guy was teased at the very end, I look forward to the next season, whenever the hell it comes out.
Pages:
2 3 ... 10