thebackalleys
dakimakuras and greentext
You are not logged in.
( Login | Register )

Spongebob Squarepants Season 1 Production Music

Offline logen
  • look at my dick
  • 602 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2011 02:30 PM »
Quote from: rtil
there are lo-fi versions of some of these songs on youtube, and they have been there for quite some time. i'm not quite sure how strict APM is about their music being used in non-profit stuff

well, these licensing houses don't like it, because you can listen to their music on their site for free, and even if you have something that's not for profit, you just send it to a festival or upload it to youtube, you still have to pay a smaller amount for it. Tho, here comes the weird part, if you are a registered licensee with them, you can download any of their tracks in HQ, and try them out, but you have to pay money for distributing them in any way (no re-distribution of course)

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Ghostingfish)--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE(Ghostingfish)[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--](bump)
What could happen? Band's that don't exist anymore will sue ya? Or Nickelodeon will sue for songs that they don't use anymore?[/quote]

You clearly have no idea about copyright, first of all, in america, it's not the band that owns the copyright for their songs, it's the publishing house they are signed with. Anything they produce within the timeframe of the mentioned contract belongs to the company. If, you want to have the rights to our own songs, you have to buy them back. There's also something called royalties, at which they bite like mad dogs, if you download a song they try to say that they lost profit because of you, and sue the fuck outta you.

What's with nickelodeon? They don't own shit. This is production music we are talking about, it was made by companies especially for the purpose of licensing it to the entertainment industry.

Also why the fuck are you bumping this thread?

Offline emanhattan
  • 4,697 posts
  • Awards OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • http://emanhattan.newgrounds.com
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011 06:25 PM »
BUMP

can you put the ost back up again i know theres legal issues and shit but i cant find it in my computer :(

Offline Dr Holmes
Male
  • Underdog
  • 14 posts
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011 10:35 AM »
I love you.

*downlooooad*

Offline bh58
Male
  • 1 posts
« Reply #43 on: March 8, 2015 11:29 PM »
I'd love to download this but I can't click the link without just seeing an "Access Denied" error message.

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,206 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #44 on: March 8, 2015 11:40 PM »
I'd love to download this but I can't click the link without just seeing an "Access Denied" error message.

sorry about that. thanks for notifying me. i've just updated the scripts and it should work now, go ahead and give it another shot.

Offline AndoRyu
  • 1 posts
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2016 09:43 AM »
Hey this might be like a late night call but it seems that the .zip file is busted again. It says that "the archive is damaged" whenever I try to open it or unzip it. I'd really like a taste of your amazing work so I'd hugely appreciate it if you could fix it  :)

--peace among worlds--

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,206 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com

Offline Jon
Male
  • honk
  • 337 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
    • rdotelm on Skype
« Reply #47 on: June 4, 2017 03:54 PM »
good stuff