• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #80 on: June 7, 2016 02:47 PM »

I just wanted to focus on the head  :drool:

*Some witty quote that goes with everything*

Offline rtil
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 25,236 posts
  • Awards IRCOP: this user is a moderator on the irc! PIZZABABY SUPPORTER: this member donated to zhi's pizzababy! OLD SCHOOL: registered before '09
    • rtil_yep on Skype
    • http://www.thebackalleys.com
« Reply #81 on: June 7, 2016 06:33 PM »
i prefer your line + paint style but the colors overall are solid

Offline SrsSam77
Male
  • Greater Aniki
  • 1,416 posts
  • Awards IRC REGULAR: this user is one of the top irc chatters!
« Reply #82 on: June 8, 2016 09:17 PM »
aren't you the pixelswapper on the discord? I knew I recognized that style when you were posting it a day or two ago

Offline Pixogon
Male
  • Lord of the locker room
  • 84 posts
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2016 06:05 PM »
i prefer your line + paint style but the colors overall are solid

Thanks, my line+paint style is something I really wanna work on it's so under developed D:

aren't you the pixelswapper on the discord? I knew I recognized that style when you were posting it a day or two ago

Yep I is, Pixogon is just my regular forum name and Pixelswapper is for everything else.

Offline Pixogon
Male
  • 84 posts
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2016 11:59 AM »
My hand slipped so the hand is pretty messed up :l

???

Photostudy

Kid

Squid

???

Something

Actually finished a piece of art

Sketch from 2 days ago

I'm moving on to actual art studies cause character creation is starting to bore me.

Offline soup
Male
  • [ R I S E ]
  • 1,460 posts
    • keeeeeir on Skype
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2016 12:14 PM »
the experimentation is always very nice to see. what would you personally say were the weak and strong points of your work? its easy for other people to come to make assumptions and come to their own conclusions, so Id like to hear the answer from you.
"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

Offline Pixogon
Male
  • 84 posts
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2016 03:03 PM »
the experimentation is always very nice to see. what would you personally say were the weak and strong points of your work? its easy for other people to come to make assumptions and come to their own conclusions, so Id like to hear the answer from you.

Strengths:
My strong points are definetly my use of irregular shapes (which I end up working with to make weird looking characters that I eventually love later on)

Coloring (Especially with complementary colors and opposites)

Waist up/ headshots (Since that's practically all i've been drawing tbh)

Art style imitation (with at least a few dedicated days like many others I can more or less replicate someones art style from start to finish, but I got tired of doing it near the end of 2014 cause it just got repetitive. I'm mostly trying to master splatoons art style because I love their use of colors and lineless)

Experimentation (This ones obvious, I usually don't use my imagination and I just throw what ever on my canvas to see what works and what doesn't)

Weaknesses:
Perspective (I never really looked at refences which made me suffer greatly, I now have references though but I don't really know how to make my backgrounds look like they're backgrounds)

Backgrounds (This one speaks for itself, there's barely any pieces here with backgrounds and I really have to start this)

Structure for characters and backgrounds (I barely do photostudies and my characters usually have no structure to their bodies and end up looking 'fine' but are likely incorrect anatomically.)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016 03:05 PM by Pixogon »

Offline soup
Male
  • [ R I S E ]
  • 1,460 posts
    • keeeeeir on Skype
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2016 03:34 PM »
structure is an interesting one that i feel is something you could hopefully work on soon! fair enough you can create a visually striking piece as a one off, but replicating that process/ drawing the same character from different angles and poses might be challenging. perhaps work on a piece that encompasses all 3 of your weakness? id certainly be interested to see how that turns out, especially with the technical ability you have so far!

and of course its always good to have a sense of style, i would say youre certainly going about it the right way. take inspiration from what you enjoy, but dont try too hard to "create your style". just let it happen, a lot of the time people focus so hard on stylizing their work in an attempt to stand out it ends up dead, lame and lifeless.
"He was shown the smallness and tinsel emptiness of the little Earth gods, with their petty, human interests and connections - their hatreds, rages, loves and vanities; their craving for praise and sacrifice and their demands for faiths contrary to reason and nature."

"...it stimulates the part of the brain called "shatners-bassoon", and that's the bit of the brain that deals with...time perception..."

Offline Pixogon
Male
  • 84 posts
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2016 05:26 PM »

I actually drew a proper looking background from my imagination, that's sure a first.

Jump suit girl

Saitama?

So after 500 years I finally started my once a day art studies thing.
2days ago - 2 minute pose sketches

yesterdays - 5 minute pose sketches cause 2 minutes are 2 fast for me

Circles

Traditional sketch after many months of not doing one

Offline soup
Male
  • [ R I S E ]
  • 1,460 posts
    • keeeeeir on Skype
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2016 01:19 PM »
always really happy to see your work! love the variety and the experimentation

Offline Pixogon
Male
  • 84 posts
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2016 05:50 PM »
always really happy to see your work! love the variety and the experimentation

Thanks soup! In all honesty it's gotten to the point where these type of illustrations just feel normal since I haven't really done any actual experimentation. At least that's how I see it. But I do see what you mean with the variety bit, I really gotta do more traditional.

Offline Pixogon
Male
  • 84 posts
« Reply #91 on: October 8, 2016 11:16 AM »

Offline Pixogon
Male
  • 84 posts
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2017 07:28 PM »
IMO I've made minimal progress since my last upload, due to school and not much motivation I didn't really come to doing anything new.

sketch for someone in my class

fixed 3 drawings in this mini collage

best of the year 2016

Redraw of 2 squid kids I posted here before

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017 07:31 PM by Pixogon »